Saturday, September 7, 2013

Busy Bee!

  I have been a busy busy bee lately, it seems like things start to settle down than something happens and our lives get crazy again. If it's not one thing it's another I guess but that's what happens when you grow up, buy a house and get married. It's the beginning of September, I have no idea where our summer went. I feel like this year has just sailed right by in a fast hurry.
  I have been in Halloween mode since August and it's so much fun seeing all the new Halloween stuff come out.  I will say I have a few complaints, one being that I seriously look forward to all of the Halloween magazines coming out which I have been collecting since I was old enough to want to be a house wife surrounded by Halloween. But I noticed what use to cost 3.99-5.99 is now 9.99 or up and they are filled with the same stuff the last few years. It's like they change the cover and up the price. It totally bums be out because it's one of the small things I always look forward to. I had a few things I have wanted to blog about last month like the re-release of Frute Brute and Fruity Yummy Mummy cereals, Kool-aid Ghoul-aid Jammers and Starburst candy corn but I have seen a few other blogs already blog about them so I'm moving on because they have done them justice and I don't feel the need to go on about something everyone else has already addressed.
  One thing I am super stoked about today is an order from Fright-rags showed up on my porch earlier and it was my Tarman order. I have been waiting like a child waiting for Santa to show up Christmas eve, every time I hear the mail truck turn down our dirt road I would run to the door, he probably thought I was crazy especially since every time I go get the mail it's another medical bill. But today I was busy getting ready and had no idea that he placed the box on my porch not even my dogs knew, what a sneaky man he is. My husband was in the shower and I busted in on him just so he could watch me open the box. We ordered the boxset which came with the coolest box, the most awesome mask and a shirt which we got in my husbands size because I wanted the baseball tee version. This is probably my favorite set from Fright-rags ever and they have released some awesome box sets but for me this one takes the cake. I am a huge Ben Cooper Halloween boxed customs fan and have been collecting them on and off for years when I find ones I love so as soon as I saw this I was in love with the idea. It is way more amazing in person and will look perfect with all of our horror collectables.  Normally I would use my own pictures but I left my phone up stairs and I'm just being lazy. You get the idea. Everyone who loves horror should support Fright-rags because they have the best horror shirts ever and they also come out with great things like this Tarman mask. 


  Another thing I was able to score the other day at a discounted price was the Draculaura and Operetta Die-ner set. I have been trying not to buy all the extras like furniture and what not because I would much rather dolls take up all the room on my shelves than furniture but I had to have this set because I really just wanted the Operetta out of it  since she is my favorite and I though Draculaura looked totally adorable in her die-ner outfit. To be honest I also got it at a great price so I am good with it. I haven't been on the super hunt lately for the new dolls because moneys been a little on the tight side again new houses = no extra moneys. In order to get the two doll set you have to pick it up at Wal-mart but if your an Operetta fan it's a good move.

  I picked up The Lords of Salem on Tuesday, I have been waiting for the film to come out on dvd/blu-ray since I passed on seeing it at the theater in order to do something else that I can't remember and it was only playing the one weekend near me so. If you know anything about me I have been a huge Rob Zombie fan since I was really young listening to White Zombie with my dad. Not only am I a fan of his music I am a fan of his films even both Halloweens (I can already hear my Mister telling me I'm lame haha). My husband doesn't totally agree with my love for Mr. Zombie but that's a whole other story. I picked up the book when it first came out and read it right away and loved it. So I have been waiting patiently for the film and of course when it came out Tuesday I grabbed it as fast as I could. I really enjoyed it. I actually enjoyed Shari Moon, at first I wasn't sure about her because I pretty much only see her as Baby or the chick that dies right away in the Toolbox Murders remake and I wasn't a fan of her as Michaels mother in the Halloween movies but I liked her in the Lords of Salem. I would check it out if you're a fan of horror movies and/or Rob Zombie films, also read the book, it's so good. 

  Well now that I have drawn this post out into novel instead of a quick read, I will stop. But I will be back soon with another more Halloweenie post, a few horror movie reviews and of course Fall flea markets post. I did plan on doing a few reviews tonight but to be honest I just wanna curl up with my dog boys and watch Supernatural while my Mister plays video games because I am a nerd like that. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments: